This termly forum is designed to ensure that subject leaders and teachers across EYFS, KS1 and KS2 are kept informed of the latest initiatives and understand best practice. Each session will include a training focus as well as an open forum for discussion.
- An update of key publications, research and guidance from the DfE and OFSTED.
- Discussions around the role of the subject leader in the management of Humanities.
- Exploration into statutory assessment at the end of EYFS, KS1 and KS2.
- Innovative ideas to take back to school to support staff CPD.
- A chance to and share best practice in the teaching and leading of Humanities.
“Excellent ideas for activities that can be used in any Key Stage.”
“Great to see and experience hands-on approaches to history and see how humanities can link fluidly to other subjects.”
About Sinead O’Mahoney:
Sinead has been teaching at Biggin Hill Primary School for 7 years, teaching classes across Key Stage 2. As an outstanding teacher, she has led several whole-school initiatives, including using her specialism: teaching through Lego technology. Sinead is passionate about humanities and has led the school’s work in achieving the Primary History Quality Mark.
Download a PDF version of this course overview to take with you.