This termly forum is designed to ensure that mathematics subject leaders and teachers across EYFS, KS1 and KS2 are kept informed of the latest initiatives and understand best practice. Each session will include a training focus as well as an open forum for discussion.
- An update of key publications, research and guidance from the DfE and OFSTED.
- Discussions around the role of the subject leader in the management of Mathematics.
- Exploration into statutory assessment at the end of EYFS, KS1 and KS2.
- Innovative ideas to take back to school to support staff CPD.
- A chance to and share best practice in the teaching and leading of Mathematics
About Laura Collins:
Laura Collins is Primary Mathematics Adviser for the London Borough of Bromley; much of her work focuses on raising standards in schools and delivering training targeted around schools’ needs. Prior to this, she had many years’ experience in school as an outstanding teacher, mathematics subject leader and senior leader. She is passionate about ensuring that pupils both enjoy and understand the mathematics they are undertaking, so that they may develop a sense of curiosity, excitement and confidence about the subject.
Download a PDF version of this course overview to take with you.