This termly forum is designed to ensure that English subject leaders and teachers across EYFS, KS1 and KS2 are kept informed of the latest initiatives and understand best practice. Each session will include a training focus as well as an open forum for discussion.
- An update of key publications, research and guidance from the DfE and OFSTED.
- Discussions around the role of the subject leader in the management of English.
- Exploration into statutory assessment at the end of EYFS, KS1 and KS2.
- Innovative ideas to take back to school to support staff CPD.
- A chance to network and share best practice in the teaching and leading of English.
“Excellent, good to talk to lots of people and share ideas.”
“Really useful to hear about the different texts. Useful discussions for styles of teaching reading.”
About Pippa McGeoch:
Pippa McGeoch has been working with The Literacy Tree for 6 years. Prior to this, she managed a private 0-5 nursery, taught in several challenging schools, was a Deputy Head and a Local Authority Consultant. Pippa is an experienced Key Stage 1 and 2 moderator.
Download a PDF version of this course overview to take with you.