Should ICT be limited to an ICT suite? What if you could combine the computing curriculum with other subjects in order to create fun, engaging and interesting lessons that offer the same learning outcomes as if they were taught individually? Well, you can!
Learn how to create engaging hooks across different subjects within the curriculum, using video apps and interactive websites.
- Learn how to create interactive introductions to topics using website apps.
- Provide appealing cold and hot task activities based around interactive quizzes, resulting in informative data capture and results.
- Move away from static software applications and learn how to combine Google Apps with group collaboration for a desired output.
- Learn techniques to merge topics through different curriculum subjects using ICT.
- Come away with e-safety tips and resources that can be communicated to parents about visiting sites such as YouTube, as well as which apps parents should be looking out for on their children’s devices.
- Are your social media profiles as private as they could be? Learn how to lock down your profiles with useful tips and tricks that you can take back to your staff.
About Tony Rolfe:
Tony Rolfe a specialist ICT primary teacher at Warren Road Primary School. He has over 25 years’ experience in ICT and has previously worked with a variety of different organisations within the industry. Tony is passionate about ICT and is keen to help teachers move away from the traditional idea that ICT is limited to a computer suite and ICT lessons. Tony believes that a cross curricular approach to teaching ICT will benefit pupils more than stand alone lessons as children will start to see the role that ICT has within the wider world and challenges children in their problem solving.
Download a PDF version of this course overview to take with you.